12.22.2004
 
Wallpapers... REVISED
Most people are going to make their own wallpapers. It's a cool feature of knowing this phone. And as you may have noticed from the original wallpapers post, I went hog wiled with google.com/images and threw a few together.

Then it came time to use them and I noticed something.



I knew in the back of my head there would be some screen graphics to contend with. But I hid the front icons so I figured it would be fine. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. Sponge Bob Square Pants... had no pants!

Note: To hide icons...

1) In the phone menu select settings
2) Select Personalize
3) select Home Screen
4) Select Home Keys
5) Change Icons: to Hide

So I've made a template that you can use to design your wallpapers.

The Photoshop file has the layer built right in.

Or you can use this.



I'm in the process of redesigning the wallpapers I've already posted. I definitely will use this template from now on.

This is the Wallpaper before.


This is the Wallpaper after using the template.


Here's the comparison.


Ladies and gentlemen, I put the pants, in Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Comments:
In deleting the factory images...I accidentally deleted a file from the motorola/shared/pictures directory that was semi-crucial. Now when I turn on the phone I see a white screeen with garbage. I have to close then reopen the phone to use it. Could you tell me what this file was?

I am askign some to list the "crucial files" that should be in the directory. An example is customer_opening.gif. There are others....

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger